Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting Settled...


It has been one month since we uprooted and left South Florida to move to St Charles MO. This past month has been crazy as we have been trying to get settled and turn this old house into a home. It is important for me (Heather) to make my home a safe haven for my family, one where we can relax and just be comfortable. Unfortunately, it seems as though that task has been a bigger one to tackle this time around. After a month I am ALMOST done unpacking and I have painted three rooms... the living room, dining room, and master bathroom. These three rooms were in the worst shape when we moved in and demanded my attention first. The living room and bathroom had hunter green and mauve floral wall paper and that had to go :) I am going to post pictures of the rooms as I finish them so you can all enjoy them and see what our house looks like. I am getting excited to see how the house is turning out and hope you all enjoy the pictures.
Living Room

Living Room #2

Dining Room

Other than getting the house in order I am also looking into some options for a job while we are here in St Charles. I am finishing up the paperwork process for Substitute teaching and am excited about that opportunity. I will post more house pics when I get it done :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! i hope everything is going well. Your house looks super cute. Im praying for you guys hope things go well.
~ashley