Saturday, September 20, 2008

Whats New...

OK. So when I first started this blog I had the best of intentions of keeping it updated. I am still trying to do this but often falling short. I want this to be a place where all of our dear friends and family can keep up with the many aspects of Noah and my life. Right now we have a lot going on. I will let Noah comment later about our prayer needs on location for the church plant and I will focus on the thing that has captivated my heart.

As most of you already know Noah and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 3 years now. We have sought out medical advice and help in every area that we have lived and nothing has been positive. I am going to post the letter that Noah and I sent out to close friends and family a little over a week ago because I think Noah is an amazing writer and he puts things just the perfect way.

Dear friends and family,

We are writing this letter because we want to make you aware of a very emotional situation in our lives but the thought of even trying to explain things to everyone brings us to tears. For the past three years (our entire marriage) we have been trying to have children. We believe that children are a gift from the Lord and that He has placed a desire for them deep in our hearts. After being unsuccessful month after month we began to seek medical opinion. This morning was the more recent appointment, with unfavorable news.

Fortunately, the doctors say that there is nothing harmful going on. Heather and I are both biologically “fine,” even down to the hormones. Unfortunately for some unknown reason my body isn’t doing what it is supposed to do. I have done several tests over the past few months and each and every one has come back at the same level: extremely low.

So here we are at a crossroads. We aren’t sure what to do. The options are out there and we see that we have three. 1. Wait on the Lord and His “perfect timing.” We have been very prayerful this entire process and we feel the more we pray, the more we long for children. 2. In vitro fertilization. 3. Adoption. If you know anything about infertility you know that the options can be very expensive and/or take a very long time to pursue.

We’ve heard all the clichés and we’ve been told all the anecdotes. As well-meant as they are, it’s interesting that those only come from people who have never struggled in this area and honestly have no idea. We don’t need opinions and we don’t need lip service. We need prayer, because we need to hear from the Lord. Heather and I are asking that you would join with us for the next 4-7 days to diligently pray for wisdom from God. We are emotionally spent. We are at the age when and belong to a church where people are getting pregnant almost weekly. While we rejoice with the blessing those children are, something inside our hearts breaks a little more as we wait and plead for answers from the Lord.

We appreciate the time that will be spent on your knees pleading before the Lord on our behalf. We need wisdom. We are clinging to James 1:2-8. We believe God has a plan that was set before the foundations of the world. Ultimately, this is His story and not ours. So we, putting our will at the cross, are asking for His will and His plan to be made known to us.

Clinging to His promises,

Noah and Heather Oldham

I ask that you all pray that God makes himself clear. We are desperately seeking him for answers and all we know is that our deep desire for children has not changed. At this time I am asking for your encouragement especially from those who have walked this before, scripture that speaks to you.. really anything you feel like sharing. In the days and months ahead I will keep you posted on where our hearts are and what our plans are for moving forward. Thanks.

I covet your prayers,

Heather

No comments: