Thursday, February 18, 2010

Makin Money

So this past week we decided now that Allie is four months it is time for her to start making money! All kidding aside Allie and I participated in a diaper study on Monday, Tueday, and Wednesday afternoons. It was awesome basically we had to put on their disposable diaper they filled it with sterile water and then she played for 1 hour with me, about 15 other kids, and their moms. We had a blast. First of all I didn't realize how large my child is compared to other kids. She doesn't seem to be a big baby but she was the same size as several 8 month old babies in the same study. In fact this was for size 3 diapers and she was the youngest of all babies. Everyone else was 8 months to 18 months. She held her own though. Now that she is sitting up all the time and can stand when holding on to something she was right there with the rest of them.

At one point there was a boy that was sitting in front of her and she decided it would be fun to see what would happen when she grabbed his collar and pulled down. Needless to say the boy landed flat on his back and she thought it was funny. I had to tell her "NO" but she would just look at me as if to say "what?". She tried pulling him down 3 or 4 more times but I never let her pull him down completely. The little boy didn't seem to mind... his mom said he was the youngest of 3 boys so he was used to it. Nevertheless I informed Allie boys don't like it when you can beat them up. Especially when they are twice your age!

The nurses all fought over her when it came time to measure her and evaluate the diaper.. everyone kept saying how I have the cutest baby they have ever seen... I do agree but it is nice when other people notice. All in all it was a great time for her to be around other babies (she never really has before) and to top it off we made $240! SWEET!


On our way to the study the last day

Home from the study with her very first paycheck.
getting excited

hooray I am rich!
now what do I want to do with all this money? I want to eat it of course.
Lately daddy has been joining in for bath time and I have to say he is a lot more fun at bath time than mommy. He sings lots of songs and plays all kinds of games while getting a baby clean. Thanks daddy we love bath time with you! (so does mommy cause she can actually get something done!)
she is becoming quite the daddy's girl!

and she LOVES her bath, that and being naked...




Allie pretty much thinks Noah and I are the funniest people on the planet... because we are..obviously...and I have been trying to catch her cracking up on video for the longest time and well... mission accomplished!



No comments: