Friday, June 3, 2011

20 Months

June 3, 2011

Oh my baby girl is no longer a baby and is so ready to be a big sister.  I can not wait to see Allie with Chaim.  I can already see her natural mothering tendencies and unfortunately for Chaim he will probably always feel like he has two mothers.  Allie loves babies!  She loves on all the little babies at church, rocking them in their car seats, telling there momma's when they need a paci or baba, she is a natural... oh boy look out!  On a completely different note we had to go to the doctor this month for a sick visit but I found out Allie is 29.5 lbs and almost 34 inches, which means Allie is still holding strong in about the 95% for height and weight.  I am buying some 3T clothes this summer....WHAT?!? Yeah crazy.  One of the biggest changes I have seen this month is in Allie's vocabulary... WOW... it has gone from about 50-60 words last month to over 150!! She surprises me with new things that she says every day.  Also get ready for this... my 20 month old knows her numbers 1-10 and ALL yes that is right ALL of her letters.  She can even tell me what the sounds are that some of them make. Thank you Leapfrog, since being pregnant is not going to win me mother of the year award when it comes to teaching her; though I do quiz her on a daily basis... she thinks school or "cool" is fun!  She is getting so verbal that the other night I came downstairs in a dress (all 9 months pregnant and it being 100 degrees out) but it was a dress none the less and Allie looks at me and says... "ooh mama you look cute"!  Yes compliments make you feel good even when they are from your 20 month old.  She loves to say that clothes are cute and she wants to pick out what she is going to wear (I wasn't aware this started so young) by telling me what she thinks is cute.  Yes she is still ALL girl!

Allie,

I can't believe how much you grow and develop on a daily basis.  I see so many changes in you everyday and you are so smart, fun, outgoing, strong willed, passionate, loving, sweet, and just full of life.  I love you baby girl and I wouldn't change a thing.  I know you are going to test me, challenge me, wear me out, and probably drive me crazy most days but I wouldn't change a thing.  I am blessed to call you my daughter and I love every single thing about you!  I am so excited to see you transition into a new role as a big sister in the coming weeks.  I know you will be amazing!   I love you!

No comments: