Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beautiful Coronado Island and our Trip to San Diego

Well as most of you know Noah and I just got back from California. We had a blast. I truly had no idea how much I needed that time of fun, rest, and relaxation. A time to truly reconnect with my husband before our world as we know it gets turned upside down by, moving, planting a church, raising support, planning a 5K fundraiser, and having a baby. My theme remains...life is never boring in the Oldham houshold. I took so many pictures on vacation I couldn't begin to post them all on here but I felt the ones I chose gave you a good idea of what the week was like.


These are our towels that we always take to the beach. I figured it was a good intro picture to our vacation story :)


Here noah is sitting in the Kayak before we take it around inlets and near the bay. While we were kayaking we found a spot where there was numerous jellyfish. Neither of us had ever seen jellyfish swimming in the water before... WOW. They were captivating.
This is the dingy. Taking the dingy out was also a lot of fun. We drove all over the Cays.


Ok for all of you who have been asking here I am in all my glory at 19 weeks. Crystal Wright... this is especially for you :)

Here I am with the love of my life on the beach on Corondado Island. The beach was by far one of our favorite hang out spots. We could jump on our bikes and be there in less than 2 minutes from the house!
Here our our sweet rides! Oh yeah! Mine was called the Kosmo Kruiser. Its name was on the back.
Here is Noah on his beach cruiser. I don't think his had a name. His wasn't as cool as mine :) We had a blast riding back and forth to the beach.

My birthday was May 3rd and the only thing I wanted to do was find the cliffs that over looked the water I had seen when I came on a business trip last year. It was a little bit of an adventure to try to find them but we finally did right at sunset. Let me tell you no picture will do this place justice. It is truly breath taking. Might be one of my favorite places on earth.
Noah and I at Sea Port Village in San Diego for my birthday.
Here I am at Buster's Beach House where we ate on the water :) (my only other request was to eat on the water)
Noah at Busters...annoyed that I am taking pictures while he is trying to figure out what he wants to eat.
we decided to go with their famous homemade pizzas. This one is call hawaiian something. It was very yummy.
We also got some jerk chicken kabobs.
After we ate we headed up to La Jolla to find the cliffs I wanted to see.
Another view from the cliffs.
Noah and I have not had the pleasure of owning a grill this past year so we seized every opportunity to grill out. We bought all kinds of meat: steak, salmon, chicken etc. and grilled up some awesome meals each night. Here are our new favorite chicken and steak kabobs. We had these twice because we loved them so much!!
Noah was the master grill chef. He did an amazing job and I think he liked it.
Here is the sunset off the beach on Coronado Island.
me taking lots of pictures


one of the several pictures I took of Noah :)


Noah wrote our baby girls name in the sand so she would know that we thought a lot about her on this trip.

Like I said all in all we had an amazing time and want to thank Linda and JC for letting us use their place it was truly a place of total relaxation and I now know why they call it their little paradise. I can't wait to go back!

No comments: