Monday, March 1, 2010

Such a big girl!


This post is going to be a hodgepodge of several things that have been going on this past week.
As you have seen from the last post video Allie LOVES her bath. She kicks her feet and splashes her hands. Soon she will out grow her bath seat and be ready to just sit up in the bath tub. She loves to splash around to the point that who ever is giving the bath gets soaking wet. She thinks it is hilarious!!! These pictures don't quite do it justice but they are fun nonetheless.


Such a happy girl!
Right now Allie is really into this piano she got from my mom at Christmas. She loves pressing the "keys" and hearing it talk and play sounds. She gets SO proud of herself when she makes it sing...


Allie had been having some seriously restless sleep. There have been nights (several of them) that Allie would be up every 30 minutes. So last week I got desperate and decided the only thing I had left to try to get Allie to learn to sleep without her swaddler. She was breaking out of it over and over and wanted to be re swaddled to go back to sleep. So last monday I decided it was time to grow out of the swaddler. Monday naps were a nightmare... she cried through most of it and I swaddled her at night so she would actually get some sleep. Tuesday she cried for about 20 minutes and then went to sleep without her swaddler. That night she slept with her arms outside the swaddler. After that we haven't looked back and she has slept EVERY night since through the night...YAY! SUCCESS!!! Here are a few positions I have found her in this past week....
This day I found her at the bottom of the bed. I ran to get my camera and by the time I got back she was wide awake.







My big girl sitting up so sturdy at 4.5 months.
Allie absolutely loves her cereal because of this new love I have had to move it to BEFORE bath time otherwise bath time had become meaningless. She wants to get her hands on the bowl and spoon. I now have to give her her own spoon in an effort to keep her from grabbing mine. However, she knows when there isn't any cereal on it and then throws it. Needless to say this is a daily look for Allie during cereal time. Also, she has learned to "spit" and stick her tongue out and make the cereal go everywhere. I repeatedly tell her NO but this word has no meaning to her YET. She just laughs and things she is so funny.


YUMMY!

No comments: