Friday, June 4, 2010

5 Years

June 4th, 2010 5 Years ago today I married my best friend and the love of my life.  Noah I can't believe it has been 5 years.  These past five years have been filled with some of the greatest joy I have ever experienced in my life as well as some of the most intense heartache. We have celebrated new life. We also grieved the loss of precious lives that were dear to both of us.  We have been on an amazing journey called church planting and this year has been an amazing ride.  Yet we continue to look to God through it all. Without Him how lost we would be. This process has been less than enjoyable but I am thankful for the sifting and providing opportunities for us to lean on each other and find new things we love about each other and ultimately letting us continue to fall in love with each other.  No matter what happens in this life I am confident that I can walk through it with you by my side.  We are in this together…forever. 


Because I am an imperfect person and never seem to tell you the reasons why I love you today I want you to know.  So here are just a few of them each one just as important as the next:

You make me laugh- what can I say I am glad you are funny.  I love that you know when to not take life too seriously and I love that you are who you are and say what you want even if sometimes it can be in appropriate.   We have this in common. 
You lead me spiritually- Thank you for striving to lead us spiritually.  Thank you for being our pastor at home as well as at church.  Thank you for being the person I want to come to when I have questions and thank you for guiding me when I need it.  Thank you for giving me confidence that you would lay your life down for me.  You are an example of how Christ loves His church and it is beautiful  I hope that I never take that for granted.
You are a giver- I never question that you will put down your needs and wants for mine and Allie's and for several of the people in your life.  You give to everyone you come in contact with and I love this about you.  
You challenge me- Noah you challenge me in ways that no one else in this world challenges me.  You are constantly teaching me how to go deeper in my relationship with Jesus and both showing me how to use my spiritual gifts for his glory as well as learning how to control them when I am using them improperly. I love that you are not afraid to confront me even if we are both bull headed.
You loved me first- I love that you were so insistent in your pursuit of me.  I have always felt like you were pursuing me and that is something that most girls long for.  I love that you never give up and strive to love me and show love in new ways regularly.  Thank you for loving me first, when I probably didn’t deserve your love.
You are my provider- I say that I am so thankful that you are so good with money and you take your role as our provider so seriously.  Thank you.  I have never felt like I needed to worry about this and for that I am grateful.
Your love and passion for Jesus- This was probably the reason I fell in love with you the second time around.  I have seen such a passion for the gospel and truth that it challenges me in this area.  Noah your love for the Lord is so apparent and I am so humbled by your passion for Him.  Never stop being a contender for Truth and never stop challenging others to be as well.  I see what your mom saw in you and I am so excited that I get to be along for the ride to see how God is going to use you in mighty ways.  I lam so proud of you.
The way you hold me- It is no secret that my love language is not touch.. in fact I would rather people not touch me but I love your touch.  I love that you know how to hold me when I need it.  I love that you have a way of making me feel so comfortable, secure, and loved when I am in your arms.  When times are hard or circumstances our rough my world becomes a better place in your arms.
Your determination- Whether it is getting me to marry you ;), finishing school with amazing grades, or planting a church if you set your mind to it consider it done.  I love the security this gives me.  I never question if you will succeed because you always do.
The daddy that you are- this past year we got to experience the birth of our first child a beautiful daughter and this journey has been better than I could have ever wished for.  I love to watch you with Allie.  I love that you have such a soft place in your heart for her and you are such an AMAZING daddy.  She loves you so much and it is obvious why.  You are so great with her and I am so thankful that she has such an amazing model of what a Godly man, husband, and father should be.  I am so excited to see your relationship grow.. she is going to be a total daddy’s girl and you are going to love every minute of it.
You are my best friend- Baby thank you for being the person that I want to run to during the most joyous times in our lives and some of the most devastating. Thank you for knowing often better than I know myself and making me feel like I am the most important person in your world.  I am a lucky girl that I get to share life with you.  Thanks for choosing me J

Noah you truly are my best friend, my leader, and my lover! I can honestly say that I love you more now than the day I married you 5 years ago. It is so amazing to think back to that day I didn’t think I could love you any more and somehow here I am in love with you more than I could have ever imagined was even possible.  I will love you more with each day, and will love you forever and always! Thank you for being the love of my life.  I can't wait to celebrate many more anniversaries with you.

No comments: