Sunday, September 13, 2009

37.5 Week Update

So we are just less than 2.5 weeks till my due date and I am starting to get that desperate feeling of someone get this thing out of me. I think if I really thought it was only 2.5 weeks left I could deal but the fact the my doc keeps telling me you are going to be late does not get me through the rough nights and extremely aching back. However, last Thursday we did have a dr. appt. and there was progress. NST's are still looking good... I had 0 weight gain for the first time in like 9 months... and well I drank a lot of water the night before so my pee was nice and clear. All good things. When he came in to check on progress he said that the cervix is just starting to soften, she is at a +1 in the pelvic station, and I have thinned the equivalent of a dimple. He has made it clear that he does not want me to go super late (my mom was 2 weeks late with me) and he thinks I am showing signs of a similar outcome. We are taking it a week at a time and hoping there is more progress next week. I have also read a few things about primrose oil on the internet... has anyone used this for helping "ripen" the cervix and seen success? I am continuing to pray that she comes around her due date so I don't have to deal with the pressure of other methods.... here is to hoping!

No comments: