Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fun in Florida


We spent the week after Christmas in Florida with my family. We had a great time watching movies, playing games and just being together. Unfortunately I didn't take as many pictures as I normally do and I think that was in large part because Allie was sick the majority of time time we were there. While we were there we had to get creative for bath time because there was no baby bath so we improvised and used Brooke's sink upstairs. Nana and Aunt Brooke helped with bath time most nights and Allie enjoyed her bath as always. She would splash the water and laugh and kick her legs which would knock everything off the vanity. Good times!


Gettin some sugar from Nana after getting all clean in the bath

Toby wasn't sure what to think of Allie. He liked to put his tail over her face while Nana was holding her. I think he was getting a little jealous because she was getting all the attention. He decided to show his dissatisfaction by peeing on her blanket and on her changing pad.



On Sunday we got all dressed up so Nana could show Allie off at church. She was in Nana's arms when we got to church and I think she stayed in them till we got in the car to come home. Nana couldn't wait for Allie to meet all her friends. Even though she didn't feel well she obliged and flashed her cute smile at everyone!

Nana and her precious grand baby :)


I was totally not prepared for how cold it got while we were in Florida and neither are the furnaces they put in Florida houses. I packed Allie's lighter winter stuff to go down there and didn't even bring a coat. I had no idea it was going to be below freezing 5 days while we were there. Who knew that she would have to wear her hat and gloves inside Nana and Papa's house in FLORIDA! The bathing suit I packed her was a complete waste. I only thought it was cold in Florida... when we landed in St Louis the pilot told us it was -2 with a wind chill of -25! OUCH!




Allie started to really show signs of not feeling well the on Tuesday the first full day we were in Florida. She soon became a lot more fussy than normal ...

...and did a lot of sleeping in Nana's arms; but I don't think Nana mind it at all.
She still loves sleeping with those arms up :)

sleeping in the swing

Sleeping outside by the fire pit


sleeping in her car seat

Allie could not sleep on her back, she would have trouble breathing and it would scare her so she would scream and want to be held. So I had been up with her every night from around 1 am till 6 am though my mom did help relieve me a couple of times. Tuesday night before we left her "cold" seem to be at its worst. That night she woke up at 1am again but had some much mucus in her throat that she could not get her breath. I started to panic and the only thing I could do was stick my finger down her throat and try to sweep it out which made her gag and throw up a bunch of snot... gross I know! This made her furious and well it took me a good hour to get her calmed down but at least she was breathing again! It was at that point that I decided I couldn't wait till we got back to St Louis on Friday to go to the Doctor we had to go ASAP. Plus I was a little nervous flying on Thursday not knowing if she had an ear infection or not. So Wednesday we went to the Doctor. When we got there I found out that she was still only 13 lbs. Which made me a little nervous but didn't surprise me since she 1. hadn't been eating well since she had been sick and 2. She had been spitting up a lot with all that snot in her tummy. The Doctor didn't seem worried about it. She did say that she had an upper respiratory infection called Croup but no ear infection and nothing in her lungs! So she gave her a breathing treatment and a round of steroids and sent us on our way.



I am officially not a fan of steroids! Allie became a baby I did not even know. She wanted her mama ALL the time she would cry if she went to anyone else in fact she cried all the time whether I held her or not and to make things worse she WOULD NOT SLEEP! There were nights where I was pleading with her at 1 am to please just let me sleep for 1 hour. I am so glad we are done with them. She took her last dose on Sunday Jan 10th! Last night she finally slept again from 9 pm till 6 am! YAY I am glad to have my baby back :) For all of you who have been praying her cough is subsiding and she is starting to feel ALOT better.

No comments: