Monday, June 15, 2009

This past weekend...

Noah and I are back in St Charles after another amazing weekend down in the city. We are so ready to be in our place. I was looking so forward to this weekend because I knew we had a lot to do. We planned to paint one day, help a couple move, and put Allie-belle's crib together. Thursday night Noah and I planned to put the crib together thanks to my moms side of the family who bought the crib I really wanted but knew I couldn't afford. The whole thing was quite and ordeal first of all my aunt had to drive all the way to fairview heights from West County to pay for the crib and then she couldn't fit it in her car so Josh had to pick it up from the store on his way to work. So there we were thursday evening both very excited to put together this beautiful bed for our baby girl. We got everything out of the box and to step #2 and realized that we were missing some major pieces. So that was the end of putting the crib together. We have to wait till the other pieces come in the mail. Oh well. Here is what it looks like online. I will take more pictures once we get it put together.

Friday we had a doctors appointment. Everything is still looking great. Dr. Pignotti is always SO enthusiastic about how great both Allie and I are doing. When he went to check her heart beat he had some trouble finding it. At first this totally scared me but he quickly re-assured me that the reason he was having trouble is because she wouldn't stop moving. He said he would get it and then it would be faint. So apparently we have one active little female on our hands...oh boy!

Later that day we set out to paint our condo. Noah was not excited about painting but since he is an amazing husband and knew I needed paint to help make this place home he painted. Not only did he help me but he did most of it himself, as I wasn't much help taking frequent long breaks to get out of the fume infested room. I forgot to take a pic this weekend but I am SO happy how it turned out. Will post a pic soon.

On Saturday we got to meet an amazing couple who just moved to the area. Our meeting was totally a God thing. He (Matt) just finished Seminary in New Orleans and is moving here to get a second masters from UMSL in Philosophy. They know absolutly no one in St Louis and through a mutual aquaintance and the power of facebook we were able to hook up and help them get in to their new place. We also had dinner with them that night. I look forward to God's plans for us in the future. I think this may have been the start of an amazing friendship. Welcome to STL Flummers!

No comments: