Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Before Noah got home from work Allie and I made Christmas cookies for us to have while we put up and decorate the Christmas tree..  This was the first time I have let Allie really help and not cared what the outcome was and we had a great time.  I love this picture progression...

 Allie just got her first taste of icing... notice the big smile
 let's get a little more of that stuff...
 OOOHHH this stuff tastes good!
 did I get it all off?
 yeah I think I'll have some more.. the cookies can wait
 Oh yeah
 lets try it with a cookie
 I'll put some on my knee to save for later...
notice she did get a little on her cookie
 yeah it was time to remove the shirt... it was getting a little messy
 double fisting... Allie's first beater licking experience.
 yep it is just as good off here as it is the spatula
 attempting to put it on the cookies again
 forget the cookies lets just eat the icing
 sugar rush?
 she is trying to get me to try it
 SUGAR RUSH!
 Mommy's Cookies
 Allie's Cookies... Yum!  Want one?

We made a total mess but we both had a blast and that is all that matters.  For those of you wondering about me the cookies were from fresh milled wheat and sucanut... so as healthy as sugar cookies can be... the icing well what are Christmas cookies without icing?

After dinner it was time to decorate the tree.  Allie got out all of her nativity and played on the rug that we had turned over so it wouldn't attract needles from the tree.  Allie some how thought this was all of a sudden an awesome place to play!

Helping Daddy with the tree..
 Fluffing branches.. she was a little scared of the prickly branches
 but eventually she would carry the ones mommy fluffed and give them to daddy to put on the tree
 time to get out the ornaments

 oooh those look yummy let me try to eat them...
 lights!
 We had a bit of a lights fiasco so the lights didn't make it on before Allie went to bed.. However 2 trips to Walgreens later the lights were on before Noah and I went to bed that night!!
 Allie putting her ornament that SHE picked out at Hobby Lobby on the tree...
 She kept wanting to take it back off the tree so she could shake it since it had a bell in the bottom

 Oh look its a snow man baby!  Allie instantly assumes the mother role.
 back on the tree
 back off the tree... we have really had to work on not touching the tree!


All in all it was a good tree trimming experience and I look forward to expounding on our traditions next year!

No comments: