Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Allie as of late

My little girl has found another love... jewelry.  The girly girl streak continues; which totally cracks me up because anyone who knows me knows I am anything but girly.  In fact Noah is always asking me to dress more girly and paint my nails etc.  Well Allie is ALL girl. 

 A couple funny stories:
First, the other night I was painting my toes and Allie wanted hers painted too so of course I painted her toes pink.  She blew on them as soon as I was done and then ran down the hall to the living room where daddy was vacuuming the floor.  She proceeded to walk behind him lifting her toes in the air for him to look and see.  Yes all she wanted was for her daddy to notice her pretty toes.

A couple of days ago I was getting ready in my bathroom while Allie ran back and forth from my room to other parts of the house.  I was keeping a relative close eye on her... I thought until I hear a little voice behind me say "Mommy pretty" and no she wasn't talking about me.  She pointed her two thumbs at me where I found my wedding band on one and engagement ring on the other.  I quickly took them thanked her for showing me and explained daddy gave those to mommy because he loves me very much and always will.  She said mine?  So I think Allie wants daddy to buy her diamonds... guess it starts early.

Tonight I got the laundry out of the dryer but got distracted so I didn't fold it right away.  While I was doing a series of other things Allie had gotten every under ware of mine in the stack and put it over her head and around her neck like a scarf or necklace.  She then got shirts and anything she could fit and put it over her shoulders... I think we are about to hit the dress up stage!





Lastly, so I really had no intention of starting potty training yet but recently Allie has gotten very interested in Noah and me going to the bathroom.  She comes running in the second she realizes what we are doing and says "OOOOOH" and then wants to flush it and say bye bye.  I am more cooperative with letting her be apart of my bathroom time than daddy :)  In his defense she put her head between his legs when he was peeing and if you know Oldham boys at all you know they are very private bathroom takers... so she just bangs on the door while he is in there.  I started asking her if she had to go poo poo when I could tell she was going to go in her diaper and set her on the toilet a few times she has gone but mostly because I got her on there at the last possible second and she had no other choice... Well  I got out her cheer for me potty and she has sat on it a couple times and nothing has really ever happened but she is getting more and more interested.  Until tonight.... she started seeming like she was going to go poop so I put her on her potty... she sat and sat and sat.. but nothing.  So I walked out of the room to get a new diaper.. as I was walking back into the bathroom I heard the music start to go off from the potty I see her jump up and start dancing.  I look in the potty and sure enough there was pee pee in there!  So I made a big deal of it told her what she did and that was it.  Not sure if she even knows what happened but I feel this was a huge step.  I am in no way trying to force her into potty training yet, but if she keeps being interested we will keep trying till she decides she wants to.  Because if you know Allie at all if its not her idea its going to be a fight and well... I am choosing my battles these days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is SUCH a doll, and you are such a fun momma!