Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Allie - 1 month old

Yesterday on November 3rd Allie is officially 1 month old. It is amazing the joy she has brought into Noah and my life is her short 31 day existence outside the womb. Yesterday I was reminded at how far we have come from a year ago. Allie I want you to know that your mommy and daddy longed for you, we prayed for you, we pleaded to God for you and now we are so blessed to be your parents. My biggest prayer is that I cherish every moment, that I never take it for granted that God has entrusted you to us. I pray that God gives me the wisdom to be your mom and to raise you in a way that brings glory to him. I am so thankful for you and I can't believe you are already a month old. I love you always and forever...

starting to smile all the time now

Daddy longs for the day that you will kiss him back when he gives you kisses but for now he enjoys that you like to suck his nose when he gets close to kiss you.

Last night Noah and I were in fairview heights doing some Christmas shopping at the mall. As we were leaving the mall the song Bring the Rain came on the radio. Honestly this was probably the first time I had heard the song since I found out I was pregnant. If you are not familiar with the song please listen to it but this song will always have a special place in my heart. In the months and years that I longed to have a baby this song became my prayer, my comfort, often just a reminder of the fact that God is God in the suffering. As the song came on the radio last night I looked over at my beautiful daughter and I began to tear up as I said Lord, "can circumstances possibly change who I forever am in you, I am yours regardless of the dark clouds that may loom above because you are so much greater than my pain..." It was a beautiful reminder of where we have been and how God taught me so much in that time and now how he has blessed me with such an amazing gift. I am so thankful not only for Allie but for the journey we had to go on before she was entrusted to us. I pray that I never forget what I learned in the midst of the suffering.

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

No comments: