Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Allie- 5 weeks

Well we have passed the 1 month mark and Allie is growing so fast. She is great at holding her head up and she loves to push up against your hands when they are under her feet and she is laying on your chest. She is getting bigger as she has officially grown out of her newborn clothes this week. We have been working hard at getting Allie on a schedule with napping and eating as well as establishing a bed time routine... well it is all starting to pay off as a huge milestone this week is Allie is down to only 1 middle of the night feeding and has made stretches of 6, 7 and 7.5 hours at night! I totally forgot how AMAZING it is to sleep that long and I made sure she knew how proud I was of her. She has totally hit a fussy stage and her daddy seems to be the only thing that can soothe her when she is in that mood, however, with the schedule we have put into practice we are limiting the fussy episodes. She is a great sleeper the majority of the time, I am able to lay her in her crib awake and within 2-5 minutes she will have put herself to sleep with no help from me... PRAISE YOU JESUS! Allie is also starting to interact with her surroundings... she loves the penguin on her activity gym and she is getting interested in rattles. On sunday night when we came home after church I was trying to keep her awake until 10 so she would give me another long stretch at night, she was fussy and VERY tired. Every time I gave her a passy she those eyes would get heavy and she would start to drift off.. I would then pull it out of her mouth and she would cry. This went on for a couple of rounds and then all of a sudden when I pulled the passy out she looked at me and then stuck her thumb in her mouth and started sucking like crazy. This was one of the cutest things I had ever seen and I just laughed. She decided she didn't need the passy at that point. However, since then the passy is still her preferred method for soothing but if it is not around she likes her thumb or fist.

I look forward to what this next week brings :)




No comments: