Friday, October 8, 2010

Grant's Farm

Growing up I remember going to Grant's farm numerous times with my grandparents and my family but I hadn't been since I was probably 8, I have so many wonderful memories of this place and it was so fun to get to take my family there.  On Friday my parents last full day in STL My mom, dad, Allie, Noah and me all went to Grant's Farm and we had a blast.

As soon as you get there you get on a train that takes you through the farm and you get to see all kinds of animals just roaming free including cows, buffalo, deer, peacocks, and more that I don't remember.  Once you get off the train you can walk through the rest of the farm and feed several different kinds of animals.

First Stop: The Goats
Feeding the goats is what I remember most about Grant's Farm from my childhood


Allie feeding the goats with nana.  She did great from a distance but didn't want them to get to close to her. 

After a little while she started to warm up to them a little more


But still didn't want to get TOO close


 Finally getting more comfortable, just don't let go mommy

Blowing kisses to the goats when it was time to go






 She is feeding the camels.  Allie got brave enough to put the food in her hand and feed it to the camel but she forgot to let go of it so the camel sucked it out of her hand while her entire fist was in his mouth... needless to say this totally freaked her out.
 checking out the horses
 Posing on the antique carriages



 Allie also got to take her first carousel ride.
 Thinking she is pretty big stuff up on the horse with Nana.

After the carousel of coarse it was time for Allie to have her very first snow cone.  Noah and I seized this moment to have a full on photo shoot and I LOVE these pictures :)










 Thinking it is about time for a nap


On the way out Noah and I had a photo shoot of our own... enjoy :)





I love having Nana around so I actually get a few pics with my husband... and many other reasons :)
I believe today was our first of many trips to Grant's Farm as a family!


No comments: