Sunday, October 3, 2010

Today you are one

Allie,

One year ago today I met you for the first time, even though I had prayed for you for years before that. I had fallen in love with you the moment I knew you existed and I felt blessed that God gave you to your daddy and me.  This past year I have watched you transform from this sweet little baby that was 6 lbs 8 ounces and SO small and fragile to a little girl with personality bigger than life.  There hasn't been a day that has gone by in this last year that you haven't made me smile and laugh.  You made it evident from the beginning that you were not a snuggler and have held true to that (but that is ok your momma isn't either so I understand).  You have had a million dollar smile from the first time you decided to share it and it has melted hearts (especially your daddy's) every day since.  You are a total people person (like me) the more you are around people the more energy you get and you know how to work a room!  You are so curious already and are so aware of everything that goes on around you.  You have been ahead of the game on hitting every milestone, I think you are going to be an overachiever like both your mommy and daddy!  You love attention and let us know when you don't feel like you are getting enough.  You know what you want and what you don't want and you make both very clear.  You love music and love to dance even if it means having your own dance party in the back of church during worship.  You love to learn and pick up on things so quickly.  You are already counting to 2! You always have to have your morning "coffee" when mama or nana has hers and have a slight obsession with cups.  Speaking of that you are ALL girl and besides cups you love jewlery, shoes, and purses as well as baby dolls.  Needless to say I love every thing about you and I wouldn't change a thing.  You are going to be a strong, independent Oldham girl with a huge personality (probably like your cousin Hallie Kate).  Just remember to always keep falling in love with Jesus and find your identity in him.  No matter what the future brings I will always love you and you will always be my baby.  Thank you for an amazing first year... I look forward to watching you grow... but not too fast.  I love you Alethia Grace Oldham!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: