Saturday, August 1, 2009

Showers and More

So I know it has been forever since I updated this blog. I have been getting all kinds of emails and questions about when I will update with pics from my showers and pics of Allie's room. I want you all to know I am working on it and I plan to have all the pics you could ever want in the next few days. The truth is last weekend was a crazy weekend and this whole past week has been jam packed from morning till evening with all sorts of activities. My mom has been in town since last friday (the 24th) so we have been doing lots to get ready for the arrival of Allie belle. The room is now complete, I have started washing the smaller clothes, bibs, receiving blankets, sheets, towels, etc. I want to say thank you to everyone who came or played a role in my showers. I enjoyed seeing everyone who I hadn't seen in a long time. Here are a few pics from my Illinois shower... enjoy :)

Here is Brooke playing one of the games... she was a trooper!
Me and my mom with Laura Winkleman and Brooke. It had been so long since we had seen Laura we were so excited she could come and we could catch up.
HK was my helper for the day. She handed me presents and she did a great job of not trying to help me open them. (I wouldn't have minded the help but mommy said no, so she did a great job of obeying)
Krystal, Me and Brooke. Miss you girls
Me with Noah's Grandma

Betsy, Me, Beka, and Rachel... love you girls :)
My mom, Me, Brooke, and her mom Beth. We enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with them. It has been WAY too long.

Betsy thank you so much for throwing an amazing shower. I appreciate every little detail that went in to making it such a success. I am so thankful to have you as a sister in law. I couldn't ask for a better one.
Me with my niece HK or Hallie Kate. She is always the life of the party. She is smiling sweet because mommy asked her to. I love you HK can't wait for you to meet and be able to play with Allie.

I also had a shower that my mom's side of my family threw for me here in the St Louis area. Thank you Aunt Janet, Katie, and Andrea for all of your hard work! This shower was more intimate but equally as fun. Some how I let the entire day get away from me without taking any pictures of anything! Not sure what I was thinking. As most of you already know my mom's side of the family gave me my beautiful crib so I can't wait to post pictures of the completed room. Soon and very soon!

Thank you to all for showering Allie and me. I appreciate your love and support. Now it is time to meet this little girl :) only 8 weeks to go.

No comments: