Sunday, August 30, 2009

Today is D Day

I can vividly remember sitting at our home in Eldorado IL on December 31st 2006 and having an in depth conversation with my husband about a stirring in his heart. That was the first conversation we had really had about church planting. I knew that night that God had called my husband to something bigger than us and something amazing. From that night I have never doubted the call that God has placed on our lives to reach a city, though at the time we weren't for sure where that city would be. From then we have walked probably one of the toughest roads we could have ever imagined. We have moved from the only thing we ever knew as a married couple, from a church that loved and supported us to a world we were completely foreign to. We faced loosing jobs, working anywhere we could to make ends meet, 4 moves in 4 years, living with parents, loosing a parent, struggling to have the children we so desperately wanted. This road has not been easy but the point of this post is not to glorify the hardship but to glorify the Lord who has walked with us and guided us through it all.

Tonight at 6pm August Gate Church launches in Soulard. I am so excited for this night but I am even more proud of my husband. I have watched God transform him into an amazing preacher, leader, teacher, and pastor. I have seen the awesome man of God he is first hand and I am utterly amazed. Noah I am so proud of you. I am proud to call you my husband, my pastor, my lover, and my best friend. May you never loose sight of the call that the Lord has placed on our lives. I couldn't be more excited to be walking this path with you. May God be glorified in it all! Now lets go transform this city with the gospel.

No comments: